Potato Doughnuts II
In Romanian: Gogosi de cartofi II
- 7 oz / 200 g potatoes
- 7 oz / 200 g flour
- a little warm water
- pinch of salt
- ½ oz / 14 g yeast
- confectioner's sugar
- Boil the potatoes, peel them, pass them through a potato ricer and then mix with the flour.
- Mix in enough warm water to make a soft dough.
- Add a little salt and the yeast which was previously moistened with 2 tablespoons warm water.
- Knead well, cover and let it rise in a warm place.
- Then roll a sheet of dough the width of a finger.
- Cut rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Brown them in hot oil.
- Remove with a slotted spoon with they are nicely puffed up and brown.
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar on them.