This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lean Ham hock
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1 10 oz Portuguese Sausage
- 1 minced Onion
- 2 chopped celery
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 bunch of watercress or 1 head of cabbage depending on season.
- First you boil Ham until meat comes off the bone, or until soft.
- Then add the kidney beans, potatoes, Portuguese Sausage, Onion and carrots.
- Then after 20 minutes, put in the rest of the ingredients.
- Then wait 10 minutes then add a dash of red pepper then your done.