Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- salt to taste
- 4 – 6 large portobello mushrooms
- pepper to taste
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 7 slices maple-flavored bacon
- 40 oz. pork loin
- 1 bunch cilantro (fresh)
- Mince fresh garlic.
- Rinse and pinch leaves of cilantro from the stems.
- Clean and slice portobella mushrooms to desired thickness.
- To prepare pork loin, cut the loin so that it will unfold to a flat surface so the pork will be ready to roll.
- Once the pork loin is lying flat, lay cilantro leaves and garlic across the surface.
- Spread ricotta cheese across the canvas of the loin, about one half inch thick.
- From the edge you will use to start the rolling of the loin, place mushrooms in a single layer.
- Roll the loin, adding mushrooms while rolling until loin has been completed rolled.
- Next, salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Brush outside of loin with soy sauce.
- Wrap loin with maple flavored bacon and bind with cooking string.
- Bake at 425°F for approximately 45 minutes, or until loin temperature reaches 155°F.
- While you are baking the pork loin, it is now time to prepare the vinegar reduction sauce.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer until thickening begins.
- Gradually add butter to the vinegar until desired taste and thickness.