- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tofu cake, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 (6 ounce) can Mushrooms, drained (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds Pork, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
Dissolve cornstarch in water; set aside.
Fry Pork in covered, greased skillet until lightly browned. Drain all except 1 tablespoon oil. Add tofu, Mushrooms and Onion chunks.
Combine soy sauce, Mushroom juice, Sugar and monosodium glutamate. Pour over ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil. Continue cooking until sauce is blended into tofu, about 5 minutes.
Stir in green onions and pour in cornstarch mixture. Cook until sauce is thickened. Serve with steamed rice.