This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ritchie Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1984. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ pound boneless pork loin
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 10 dried apricots
- Cut pork into cubes.
- Combine soy sauce and steak and pour over pork.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile simmer apricots in water for 5 minutes.
- Place apricots and cooking liquid in blender container then add peanut butter, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- Thread marinated pork cubes on skewers.
- Brush with remaining soy sauce mixture then cook over hot coals for 8 minutes turning often.
- Serve with warm sauce for dipping.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group