Polish Noodles and Cabbage
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- ¼ cup of butter
- ½ cup of peeled and chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups of chopped or thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 8 ounce package of egg noodles
- ½ cup of sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add the cabbage and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- Stir in the caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles in salted water as directed on the package.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain well.
- Stir the noodles into the cabbage and add the sour cream.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently.