Poached Pears I
This recipe is best made at least 30 minutes in advance to give the pears time to cool.
- Halve, peel, and core the pears.
- Sprinkle freshly cut pears with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place in microwave-safe dish and cover with cranapple juice.
- Cover and cook on high 6 – 8 minutes or until pears are fork tender.
- Spoon juice over pears, cover, and let stand 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- I love the texture and buttery flavor of poached pears.
- This microwave poaching method is so simple that sometimes i buy a big bag of pears and poach them all at once.
- They can then be refrigerated and covered and eaten as snacks throughout the next week.
- Bosc and bartlett pears are the best varieties for poaching.
- This is a nice holiday recipe because the cranberry juice turns the pears a pale pink color.
- These pears are pretty garnished with some fresh mint sprigs.