The Ploughman's is a popular traditional mouth-watering sandwich. The pickle provides some spice, and the lettuce avoids dryness.
- 2 slices of bread
- sliced cheddar cheese
- lettuce, preferably iceberg
- sliced tomato
- sweet brown pickle
- Optional extras such as onions.
- Arrange the following in the sandwich:
- Sliced cheese, 1 layer
- Lettuce leaves, 2 or 3 layers
- Thin layer of sweet pickle (about 1 tsp per sandwich)
- Tomato slices, just a few slices
- Eat! (not that you'll need any encouragement)