This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir together milk, egg and melted shortening then add liquid ingredients to dry mixture stirring only until mixed. Batter will be lumpy.
- With a tablespoon drop batter into muffin tins lined with muffin papers then fill ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group