Pineapple Rice Bake
Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rice, 2-1/2 cups milk, Sugar and butter in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks; add remaining 1/2 cup milk. Stir into rice and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; add pineapple with juice and cinnamon. Cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into cooled rice.
- Pour into buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees 25 to 30 minutes.