Pineapple Pork Patties
Pork, Ground, Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 large soft sandwich rolls
- 8 slices canned pineapple, drained well (or use 2 cups drained pineapple chunks)
- In a bowl, combine pork, egg, garlic, onion, green pepper, and pepper; form into 8 patties.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; add patties and cook, turning once, until meat is well-browned on both sides and no longer pink when cut open (internal temperature of 160 °F) (6 to 7 minutes on each side). Remove patties from skillet and place one on the bottom half of each sandwich roll.
- Add pineapple to skillet and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Place 1 slice (or ¼ cup chunks) on top of each patty and serve.