Peruvian Vegetable Stew
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded
- 2 large tomatoes, cored
- ½ small bunch oregano Leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cup water
- 1¼ cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Stir in the cayenne and corn slices and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and turn the corn to coat evenly.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions 7-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the squash, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and water.
- Stir to combine and cook about 25 minutes.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and serve, garnished with the sauteed corn slices.