Pepper-crusted Lamb with Plum Chutney
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup canned plums drained and chopped
- ⅓ balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sifted brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (375°F).
- Brush lamb with mint jelly.
- Place pepper on a greaseproof sheet and roll lamb fillet to coat evenly.
- Place lamb onto an oiled baking dish and bake for twenty minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Chutney can be made up to three days ahead and stored in the refrigerator until required.
- Serve with baked potatoes, baked garlic and a salad of green leaves topped with fried bacon and bottled french dressing mixed with yoghurt, salt and pepper to taste.