Penne Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat or salt, then drain and set aside.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the Canadian bacon and the next three ingredients, and saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato and the next four ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Add pasta, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with a basil sprig if desired.