Pear and Fig Strudel
- Cover the figs with pear juice and bring to a boil, let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Peel and core the pears and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine fig paste, pears and cinnamon and allspice.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9"x14" baking pan.
- Layer 10 filo sheets, 2 at a time, brushing butter on every second sheet and sprinkling it with breadcrumbs.
- Spread pear filling evenly over last sheet.
- Cover with another 10 sheets of filo, layered as before with butter and breadcrumbs.
- Score the top sheet into pieces approx. 3" square.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes and then allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Heat the honey, stirring gently till warm.
- Drizzle over strudel and top with nuts.
- Cut with a sharp knife.