Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut butter fans will like this nourishing bar cookie.
- Peanut Butter Bars from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 50–55 minutes total
- Serves: 36
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⅓ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream margarine and peanut butter. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add both eggs and mix until well blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients until blended, then chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350°F for 30–35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.