Peanut Butter 'n' Carrot Cookies
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 cup 100% bran cereal
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped peanuts or sunflower seeds
- Cream peanut butter, shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in cereal, carrots and peanuts.
- Form into 1-inch balls; place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
- Store in airtight container.