- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups milk (may substitute club soda for up to ½ cup of the milk)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Combine well beaten eggs and milk.
- Add egg and milk gradually to flour mixture, beating to a thin smooth batter.
- Let batter sit for at least ½ hour, up to overnight.
- This gets rid of the raw flour taste and permits the flour to hydrate.
- Spoon 3 tbsp on hot buttered skillet. Will be very thin.
- Tilt skillet quickly in a circular motion to distribute batter over skillet.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Continue this until batter is used up.
- As each crêpe is done, spread with strawberry jam, roll up lightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- These can be made ahead of time and reheated in a slow oven for a few minutes.