Outstanding Royal Icing
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 5 tablespoons meringue powder combined with ½ cup water
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat slowly until they are blended then beat at medium speed until icing forms stiff peaks.
- Add more sugar if icing is not stiff enough or a few drops of water if it is too stiff.
- Use immediately.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group