Original Cyn's Swiss Steak
This is sooo good...you will want to have lots of mashed potatoes to go with it.
- 2 lb. round Steak
- 1 T. flour
- 1 1/2 c. Beef bouillon
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 3/4 c. water
- 3 T. tarragon vinegar
- 1 T. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- dash garlic powder
- Cut round Steak into serving pieces.
- Dip meat into flour; brown in hot skillet with small amount of oil.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, bring to boil, scraping pan and stirring.
- Return Steak to pan (or place in deep casserole and pour juices over).
- Bake at 350F, 50–60 minutes, or until tender.
- Check on meat from time to time - add a little water in small amounts while baking to prevent meat from burning or drying out, and prevent sauce from becoming too thick.
- Serves 4 amply.
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.