Olive Garden Parmesan Crusted Chicken
In this recipe you could just make the Parmesan chicken breasts and serve them just like that, or you can add the pasta, broccoli and more and make a copy cat recipe of this dish and serve this anytime at home. Often the Olive Garden has a very seasonal menu, serving up fabulous dishes only for a short period of time. Now you can enjoy their Parmesan Crusted Chicken anytime.
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup Kraft Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 (½″) thick pieces of chicken breast strips (chicken tenders)
- vegetable oil (frying )
- 2 cup dry bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup white table wine (chablis)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp basil leaves
- ¾ cup mild asiago cheese (finely grated)
- 4 broccoli florets (lightly steamed)
- 2 white mushrooms (quartered lightly steamed)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and drain chicken strips.
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Place milk in dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
- Place in fry pan that the oil has bee heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden.
- Remove and drain chicken.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
- Whisk in flour until mixture is blended.
- Quickly add garlic, water, and ½ teaspoon of salt stir well.
- Add wine and blend.
- Immediately add half and half and sour cream stir.
- When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted.
- Finally sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly and remove from heat.
- Place 2 cups pasta in individual a pasta dish.
- Spoon about ½ – ¾ cup sauce over pasta, add broccoli and mushrooms.
- Place Parmesan chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.