Old-fashioned Herb Marinade
Recipe by Arleen Kaptur. See her article on Perk-up Sauces and Marinades;
- ½ cup canola oil, or olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup tomato juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup snipped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 tsp thyme, dried and crushed
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients.
- Place meat in a plastic bag set in a bowl or pan.
- Pour marinade over meat and secure bag with a tie.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove meat and discard marinade.
- Use on pork, chicken or beef roasts.