Octopus Salad   is a light summer dish, best made with baby octopus.
- 1 kg baby octopus
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 onions, peeled
- 2 cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 fennel bulb, trimmed and diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices of good bread, crusts removed
- light olive oil for frying
- Warm a pot, filled with very very salty water.
- Include octopus, bay leaf, one of the onions, studded with cloves.
- Boil again.
- Reduce heat to simmer for ~15 min, until the octopus is tender.
- Keep only the octopus.
- Dice onion.
- Prepare both peppers by; halving, coring, deseeding and dicing.
- Include the diced ingredients together, as well as the fennel and garlic.
- Include ocotopus, sherry vinegar, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in fridge for ~1 hour.
- Cut bread into small cubes.
- Warm olive oil in a pan and lightly fry the bread cubes.
- Let paper towel soak up excess oils.
- Serve and add the bread cubes onto each plate as croutons.
- ↑ Hart, Sam, Eddie (2006). Modern Spanish Cooking. Quadrille Publishing Ltd Alhambra House. pp. 73.
- ↑ Hoffman, Susanna (2004). The olive and the caper. Workman Publishing. ISBN 0-7611-3468-9.