Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny via World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1½ pounds (4 to 5 medium) potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- Place potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cover with cold water.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain; reserve.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly.
- Add milk; stir well.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Combine potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, onion, salt, and pepper in lightly greased 1½ quart casserole.
- Add white sauce; blend lightly with spatula.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add bread crumbs; mix well.
- Sprinkle buttered crumbs over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.