Nutty Brussels Sprouts
- Source: Light And Easy Diabetes Cuisine
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb small Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp virgin olive oil
- 8 toasted hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- Wash Brussels sprouts and trim off bottoms of stems and loose leaves.
- Steam sprouts over boiling water until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove sprouts to a serving bowl and stir in olive oil, nuts and cardamom.
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 62 Calories | 3g Fat | 22mg Sodium | 3g Protein | 9.1g Carbs | 0mg Cholesterol
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ vegetable | ½ fat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/