Nigerian Beef-Spinach Stew
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy saucepan.
- Brown the beef, adding oil as needed.
- Add gingerale, red and black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Add chopped tomato; cover and simmer 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach and remove stems.
- Tear leaves into small pieces.
- Slice the onion thinly and separate into rings.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Stir into the stew and cook 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Add onion rings, tomato, spinach.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with rice or noodles.