New England Meat Pie
- two 9-inch pie crusts
- ½ pound bulk breakfast sausage
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt to taste
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- small can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup gravy of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute breakfast sausage, ground beef, onion, celery seed, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper together.
- Stir in green chilies.
- Pour into pie crust and top with the second pie crust.
- Bake about one hour until brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Cool this mixture, then fold in the cubed boiled potatoes and gravy.