- Wash the bitter leaf in cold water, and then chop it into pieces.
- Marinate the Shrimp for a few hours in a paste made from half the minced ginger, half the chopped Onion, and a little oil.
- Soak the dried in water for a few hours. Cut into pieces and remove any skin or bones.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pot and fry the remaining onions, garlic, ginger, rosemary and thyme for a few minutes. Then add the tomatoes and reduce heat to a simmer for several minutes.
- Add the bitterleaf to the pot. Stir and simmer for several minutes more.
- Add Peanut butter and hot water. Stir and continue to cook the soup at a simmer.
- Add the to the pot, along with the green pepper, and any hot chile pepper, salt, and red or black pepper you think it needs. Cover the pot and continue to cook over low heat.
- When the greens seem tender, heat oil in a skillet and stir fry the Shrimp (or prawns) along with their marinade. Add them to the soup.
- Cook soup, adding water or stock if desired, until it is the consistency you like.