Native American Venison Stew
- Cut venison into ½-inch by 1-inch pieces.
- Cut turnip into small pieces.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Peel and seed winter squash, cut into pieces smaller than potatoes and turnips.
- Put meat, vegetables and garlic in clay pot with a top.
- Add jerky, peppers, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Stir in bacon fat.
- Wash herbs well and place them, with stems on, on top of other ingredients.
- Fill the cooker with water.
- Put top on pot.
- Cook the ingredients in a crockpot on high for 6 hours, then overnight on low.