- 1/2 kg. boneless mutton or Lamb, minced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped finely
- 1 slice white bread, without crusts
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. zhug (see note at the end of this recipe)
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- flour as required
- Mix the meat, Onion, bread, egg, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, zhug, and paprika. Knead well by hand and form into balls about 1" (2 1/2 cm.) in diameter. Sprinkle with the flour.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a heavy skillet and brown the meatballs. Reduce the heat, add enough oil to just cover the meatballs and cook, covered, until the meatballs are done (about 20 minutes). May be served hot or cold either as a first course or with Seasoned Soup with Bread.
- Serves 4-6.