- Mix rice, flours, vegetables and spices together. Add oil and milk.
- Add more milk if necessary to make manageable but not sticky dough.
- Form sausage-like shapes (about the size of a D battery) with your hands.
- You should get 8-10 muthyas.
- Place a metal colander in a pot with boiling water, making sure that the level of water is below the bottom of the colander.
- Place the muthyas in the colander, cover and steam until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Add more water if the water level gets too low.
- They are good plain or dipped in sauce, such as garlic butter.