- 3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125 g butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
2. Heat gently, stirring constantly until Sugar dissolves.
4. Bring to the boil and continue boiling until the soft ball stage, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. (Drop a little bit of the mixture to a cup of cold water, if the mixture forms a slight ball then it is done).
5. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
6. Beat until thick.
7. Pour into buttered tin.
8. Mark into squares. Cut when cold.