- Mix together cream, sugar, and gelatin in a saucepan and heat gently until the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- Fold in sour cream and flavor with vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is quite smooth.
- Pour mixture into a serving bowl or 3 cup metal mold.
- If you want to make individual servings, pour into six small ½ cup individual molds.
- Cover and chill until set, at least 4 hours.
- Unmold by dipping container in hot water until edges being to melt.
- Invert mold onto a serving dish and surround with fruit.