Native American Succotash.
- Source: A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, cooked and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can tomatoes, broken up
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Brown ground beef in pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
- 160 Calories | 35 Calories from fat | 3.5g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 0g Trans fat | 20mg Cholesterol | 420mg Sodium | 19g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 3g Sugar | 10g Protein
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/