Microwave Shrimp Étouffée
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoffman Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1992. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 bundles green onions chopped
- 1 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 sprigs parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds peeled raw shrimp
- Combine all vegetables with celery seeds and butter in microwave-safe dish then cover and cook on high for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add soup and tomatoes and cook on high for 10 minutes longer.
- Add shrimp and cook on high 10 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group