Melitzanes me Saltsa Karydia
Eggplant with tomato and nut sauce
- 2 kg round eggplants
- ½ kg nuts, cleaned and mashed
- 1 cup oil
- ½ kg fresh tomatoes, mashed
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- Wash the eggplants and remove stems.
- Cut them along side.
- Let them stand in water for half an hour.
- Drain and salt them.
- Fry them in oil in order to soften.
- Remove from oil and let them drain from oil.
- In the same oil add the tomato mash and let them boil until they form a thick sauce.
- Add garlic and nuts and stir.
- Place the eggplants back into the sauce and boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let the sauce stand and serve.