Sour cherry soup
- 1½ quarts of water
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen pitted sour cherries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Into a soup pot containing 1½ quarts of boiling water add fresh or frozen sour cherries and granulated sugar.
- Stir and cook.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sour cream, salt and beat until smooth.
- Add to flour mix, 1 cup of hot cherry sugar mix.
- Stir vigorously.
- Now add the flour, sour cream and hot cherry mix into the pot of hot soup, stir well and simmer for 5 or 6 minutes until it thickens.
- Cover the soup and let cool.
- Keep cover on while it chills in refrigerator and it will not form a thick skin.
- Serve very cold.