Mee Goreng (Fried Noodles)
Here is a basic recipe. You can improvise by adding different ingredients of your liking.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs ground chilli/sambal oelek (omit this if you do not want it hot)
- 3 tbs curry powder (omit this if you do not want it spicy)
- 150g fresh prawns, cleaned and shelled
- Noodles (you can used the instant noodles)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 100g beansprouts
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced for garnishing
- 1/2 cup oil
- Heat oil in wok and fry onions, garlic, oyster sauce, ground chilli and curry powder until fragrant. Add prawns and chicken stock. Bring to boil and add noodles and bean sprouts. Fry until dry and remove from heat. Garnish with red pepper and serve at once.