Meatball Cakes with Beer Rice
- Brown onions in butter or shortening for 5 minutes, set aside to cool. In a large bowl place the ground meats.
- Using an electric beater on low speed, add the flour, salt, pepper, then the eggs one at a time, then the cream and milk.
- Finally add the onions, mixing all well.
- Shape into 6 – 8 oval cakes.
- Fry on both sides about 30 minutes or bake uncovered for 45 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add rice and brown lightly stirring constantly.
- Add soup and beer, stir well.
- Cover tightly and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.