Manx Smoked Salmon
|Manx Smoked Salmon|
Fish dishes are popular in Isle of Man, as they are in most islands and coastal regions. Kippers are especially popular in Mann and this recipe is a tasty alternative to many standard meals.
- 450g kippers
- 450g sliced, smoked salmon
- 500-600ml cream
- 20g chopped chives
- 1/4 to 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced, de-seeded and skinned
- Boil the kippers in a pot of salty water
- Add 4 rings of smoked salmon to a greaseproof tray in foil (slices can go over the edge)
- Wait for the kippers to finish boiling then refresh them with cold water for 3-5 minutes. Fillet them then skin and place them in a blender.
- Add cream gradually and blend.
- Add chives to the mix.
- Add the mixture to the rings and remove any air pockets by shaking.
- Fold over the salmon slices and turn over the rings. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate.
- Add about 6 slices of the cucumber to the centre of each plate.
- Remove food from refrigerator, remove from oven tray and put them upside down on top of the cucumber slices
- Add more strips of cucumber and tomato to the top of the food. Serve!