Mandarin orange cake
- 2 eggs
- 6 fresh mandarins, peeled and sectioned (or 2 can mandarin oranges, drained)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat eggs, add the mandarins.
- Sift together the Sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt; then add to the first mixture. Beat 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. (If oranges are too juicy, it takes longer. Test with a toothpick.)
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil the brown sugar, milk, and butter.
- Pour over hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.