Mandarin Chicken Salad
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 large salads.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 6 radishes sliced
- ½ cup red onion slice thin
- 2 cups canned mandarin orange wedges
- 1½ cup chow mein noodles, dry
- 1½ cup roasted sliced almonds (teriyaki ones are best)
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- dash garlic powder
- dash ground black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds in a blender on high speed.
- Slowly add oil to mixture (to create an emulsion).
- Add sesame seeds and blend for just a couple seconds.
- Pour dressing into a covered container (such as a dressing cruet) and chill until needed.
- Rub each chicken breast fillet with oil, then lightly salt and pepper each piece.
- Grill on medium/high heat until done.
- Chill chicken breasts in refrigerator until cold.
- When chicken is cold, build each salad by first tossing arranging about 4 cups of iceberg lettuce and the red leaf in the bottom of a large salad bowl or on a plate.
- Sprinkle remaining salad ingredients over the lettuce.
- (tomato, cucumber, radishes and red onion) dice chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and sprinkle the pieces each salad.
- Arrange about ⅓ cup of mandarin orange wedges on each salad.
- Next,sprinkle about ¼ cup of dry chow mien noodles and ¼ cup of roasted sliced almonds on top of each salad.
- Add desired amount of sesame dressing and serve.