This double-strength banana dessert beats a banana split halfway to Dakar! Served with an excellent demitasse, it is a delicious and sophisticated dessert.
- In an electric blender (or by hand): Beat 4 bananas to a pulp.
- Add: 1 pint heavy cream and 1/2 cup Sugar.
- Beat until frothy.
- Pour into freezer trays and freeze for 1 to 2 hours until partially firm.
- Cut 8 bananas in half lengthwise and then in half across.
- Place 1 banana (4 pieces in a row side by side) on a dessert plate.
- Spread the frozen bananas uniformly over the fresh bananas when ready to serve.
- Sprinkle each serving with: 1/2 tsp.-CHOPPED candied fruits as angelica or red cherries
1 tsp. BLACK Raisins 1 Tbs. CHOPPED peanuts 1 Tbs. slivered almonds.