Maltese Fried Rice
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (5 oz) water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 can (3 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion and green and red pepper in oil until onion is tender.
- Stir in rice, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and soy sauce.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in eggs; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes longer.