- Ethnicity - Awadhi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Mix all the ingredients of koftas together and divide into equal portions and shape into long rolls, deep-fry till golden in colour.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped onions till golden brown.
- Grind the spice paste ingredients to a paste.
- Add the spice paste ingredients and stir-fry for few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder,sugar and salt.
- Stir-fry for few seconds.
- Stir in tomato puree and cook on high heat, stirring continuously till oil begins to separate.
- Now add yogurt, milk and cream and cook stirring continuously till oil begins to separate.
- Add 1 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Simmer and cook for 5 – 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Just before eating, place the fried koftas in a serving dish and pour the hot gravy over and serve immediately garnished with garam masala powder and chopped coriander.