Low-fat Mexicali Shrimp Sandwiches
Cilantro, corn, red pepper and lime enhance a quick and easy sandwich. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Servings: 6
- 1 large ear of corn, husked
- 10 ounces bay shrimp (or tiny shrimp), cooked (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 - 4 inch Kaiser rolls or low-fat hamburger buns, cut horizontally in half
- Cook corn in a pot of boiling salted water for three minutes. Drain and cool. Cut kernels off cob. Place corn kernels in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp, bell pepper, cilantro, green onion, lime juice, lime peel and hot pepper sauce and toss to blend.
- Mix in mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill. (May be made one day in advance and stored in refrigerator)
- Pull out a small amount of the bread on the low half of the bun to hollow out to form a slight indention or bowl effect.
- Scoop salad into roll indention's and top with other half of roll.
- 157 Calories | 2 g Fat (10.1% calories from fat) | 14 g Protein | 24 g Carbohydrate | 4 g Dietary Fiber | 72 mg Cholesterol | 295 mg Sodium
- Exchanges: 1½ grain (starch); 1½ lean meat; ½ vegetable; 0 fruit; 0 fat; 0 other carbohydrates
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group