Low-fat Catfish and Roasted Pepper Skillet Supper
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb fresh or frozen skinless catfish fillets, ½ to 1-inch thick
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted whole sweet red peppers, rinsed and drained
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chile peppers, drained
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Cut roasted peppers into strips.
- Combine peppers and remaining ingredients in a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Place fish atop red pepper mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish to individual plates.
- Spoon ¼ of red pepper mixture over each serving.
One serving equals:
- 144 calories | 5 gm fat (1 gm saturated) | 59 mg cholesterol | 145 mg sodium | 5 gm carbohydrate | 1 gm fiber | 20 gm protein
- WW Points : 3.6