Lomo de Cerdo a la Caucana
- Put the Pork into a casserole or ovenproof baking dish that will hold it comfortably and pour over it the milk and lemon juice mixed together.
- Cover with a cloth and leave overnight in a cool place. When ready to cook lift the Pork out of the milk mixture and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper. In a frying pan heat the butter and sauté the Pork until it is very lightly browned all over. Lift the Pork back into the dish with the milk mixture.
- In the butter remaining in the pan sauté the Onion and garlic until the Onion is soft. Add the contents of the frying pan to the baking dish, scraping up any pan drippings.
- Bake the Pork, uncovered, in a preheated 350 °F oven for about 2 hours or until the Pork is tender.
- Lift the Pork out onto a warmed serving platter and remove any string tying it. Cover and keep warm.
- Skim any fat from the sauce. Over brisk heat reduce it to 1 ½ cups. Stirring from time to time. Taste for seasoning and add a little salt if necessary.
- The sauce will be rather grainy in texture. Slice the Pork and serve hot with rice and a green vegetable. Serve the sauce separately. The Pork is also good cold with salad.