Light and Easy Chocolate Cheese-filled Angel Cake
- 1 (8oz) container plain non-fat yogurt, no gelatin added
- Line non-rusting colander or sieve with large coffee filter; place over deep bowl.
- Spoon yogurt into prepared colander; cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until liquid no longer drains from yogurt, about 12 hours.
- Cut angel food cake into 3 horizontal layers.
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, cocoa and hot water until smooth; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir in yogurt cheese until well blended.
- Prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package, using ½ cup milk and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla; fold into cocoa mixture.
- Spread cocoa mixture between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Cover; refrigerate.