Lentil Soup   aka Zuppa di lenticchie is a nutritous meal for protein without the meat.
- 10.5 oz brown or green lentils
- 1.8 litres of water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to dribble
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Wash lentils with cold water.
- Cut off any impurities on the lentils and discard.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot. (exclude the salt & pepper at this point)
- Bring to boil.
- Once bubbles appear, cut heat back to medium.
- Leave soup to cook for ~30 min.
- Remove from heat and season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Dribble in extra olive.
- Serve with a good bread, such as crostone.
- ↑ Contaldo, Gennaro (2010). gennaro's Easy Italian. Headline Publishing Group. pp. 42. ISBN 978-0-7553-1788-2.
- ↑ De Lucas (2005). The Italian Way Cooking with the De Lucas. Alba Media International Ltd.. pp. 31. ISBN 0-9736230-0-4.